Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had a fun weekend and a few events were worth blogging:

Saturday we went sledding with an old college friend, Lu and her family. The kids had a BLAST! Ev was a jump master--she loved them! Until her last run when she went down the jump and took some major air. She was riding a little plastic sled and when she came down she didn't come back up. Her backside is a bit bony and she came down pretty hard and got the wind knocked out of her! She's still a little sore. Et also had fun, but had to have a trip to the InstaCare. Thanks to Uncle W and Aunt A for watching the kids for us! Lucky for us he didn't break anything, but has a bruised bone for which he proudly wears a shoe on that foot because it 'helps'. Or so he says. All around the house yesterday he was one shoe on and one shoe off--whatever works! Iy was not quite the daredevil the others were, but she went off the jump and did some fast sledding. When N went down the hill his head bounced all around and made me laugh. It was a fun day! Then mom and Lucinda took family names to the temple and had cards printed. FYI--we have a ton of temple work we need help with!! Mom and Lu also got to go out to dinner and browse a bookstore. It's fun to get out!

Last night after dinner we all watched a movie together, Follow Me Boys. It was fun to all sit down and watch the movie and we could all hear everything and no one was climbing all over anyone else. I remember wondering if that would EVER happen. The kissing was the best part. Every time Lem would kiss Vida three kids would GROAN and one kid would pump their fist in the air and say, "YES!" "I LOVE the kissing!" Can you guess who that was? Of course it was Iy. Note to self--watch out for Iy when she starts dating. Which reminds me of something that happened before I started blogging. Iy came home from Kindergarten one day quite proud that she had kissed a boy at school. So we had a talk about how you can't kiss until you are much older and perhaps married and never in school. So then she was obsessed with getting married and often came home depressed because there was one boy in the neighborhood her age and two other girls had already decided to marry him and he COULDN'T have 3 wives and so what was she supposed to do? I suggested that when she was OLDER, probably in college, she would meet someone from somewhere else. So a few days later she had decided she could marry cousin D. Then I had to tell her you can't marry a cousin. She was getting pretty frustrated at this point--why couldn't she marry D? So I had to explain a little bit and then she said that none of that would matter anyway because D was adopted,... So I just gave a flat veto--"because I said so!" And we talked about how you don't worry about getting married until you go to college. I also explained that Mom and Dad met at college and she was stunned. She had imagined that we had grown up together and then gotten married. So now she is patiently waiting. And a good thing, too, because apparently kissing looks like good fun for her!!

5 comments:

Molly said...

I love the movie Follow Me Boys, it's one of my favorites! Funny about the marriage thing. For a while last year my four year old wondered who she would marry and she talked about it for a long time. Luckily, she has given up that topic.... for now.

LucindaF said...

Iy is hilarious! I love that story about her. She is such a cutie too, so you will need to watch out for that one. Tell her she can marry my Logan, he likes to give girls flowers, chocolates, and jewelry.
Thanks for coming with us, we had a lot of fun, glad Et and Ev are alright.

Kenna said...

I am thinking you guys need to invest in a big bubble for all your bo-bo's... =D

remiengang said...

Too funny!! Earlier this year,Jordan, my first grader, came home from school and called me at work and told me that his friend Kendra had kissed him at recess, open mouth to mouth. Needless to say, I was not very happy and I asked him if he told the teacher. He immediately said no because he didn't want to get Kendra in trouble, then he quickly replied, "Never mind mom, she probably didn't really kiss me, she probably thought I was dead and was giving me CPR." Ok, where does he come up with this stuff???

remiengang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.