Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slow Morning

This morning I woke up at 4 AM to start laundry and study scriptures and write in my journal, etc. And still we were running late this morning. Usually on Wednesdays, I take the three youngest kids to the neighbor and she watches them while I play piano for the honors choir at the school. Today everyone was happy, things were peaceful, but we just weren't all ready when it was time to leave. So I told Et that we had to go and he could stay with the others until they had finished breakfast, make sure everyone brushed their teeth and had their backpacks and then go to the neighbor's house. I was happy to be walking down the hallway at the school when Et saw me and greeted me. This is really news, because he generally ignores me and if he does greet me it is just "Hi" followed by a speedy exit. But today he stopped me and asked about my morning and we visited for a few minutes and he gave me a report of the morning and everything had been perfect. Then I saw Iy walking down the hall towards me. Surprisingly she looked pretty happy. I say surprisingly because last night when I was at the store she bit Et on the back because he took something she thought was hers but N thought was his,..... I'm sure stuff like this only happens at my house. Anyway, Iy is walking down the hall towards me with a smile on her face. And most shocking of all--a HEADBAND IN HER HAIR. She combed her hair!! WOW!! They had a great morning! Iy does not like to comb, have combed, or decorate her hair in any fashion. And she had her backpack on. With all her stuff. I was so impressed!!

Then I came home. I drove up the driveway and noticed something amiss. The front door was wide open and the furnace was running full blast. All the lights were left on. But progress is progress and I'm not looking for perfection so I still count Et's work this morning successful! Besides, I'm sure he'll say he was not the last one out......

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Ha ha! We had alecture in our house about turing the lights out yesterday- it went like this: "Do you see this lightswitch? Do you see that it turns on AND off?" It was definitely one of those lectures that makes you realize you're acutally a parent! Your kiddos are cute, and your stories make me laugh!

The Girls' Mom said...

I agree you have to count your successes where and when you can, good for them. If you get up at 4am and are still late and accomplished what you appeared to have done, I really have no hope for myself. you must be a superhero!

LucindaF said...

My mom had to chase me down and fight me to get my hair brushed. Funny that Fancy Nancy Iy doesn't like it either. Way to go Et! How responsible of him.
Iy bit him, ha, she's a princess with spunk!

You have good kids Nea, and they have a good mom.

LucindaF said...

Princess with spunk! My mom had to call for backup to get my hair brushed. I'm surprised Fancy Nancy doesn't like it either.

Way to go Et!

Sorry about your gas bill!