Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cookie the Cat

Meet our cat Cookie. We adopted her when our neighbors moved a while ago, and we miss those neighbors by the way! The kids wanted to adopt her right away but I was adamantly opposed! Then one day I saw our little Nathan (before he was talking to any of us very much) sitting on the back porch talking to Cookie the cat and sharing his apple with her--for almost an hour! She just sat there next to him and let him love her and my heart started to melt. Later that day when I went to get him after nap time I saw she had jumped in his window and was sleeping next to him on his bed with his little arm around her. So I decided that Cookie the cat was part of Nathan's learning process and we adopted her! A few weeks after that Cookie didn't have much to do with Nathan any more--the girls were probably safer. I find it interesting how animals can sense our needs. For the past couple of days Nathan had a high fever and did not feel well. Finally, one night I had to put him down and do some cleaning. About halfway through my work I looked over and there was Cookie snuggling Nathan because I couldn't and he was sick. It was so cute I had to take a picture!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LucindaF said...

Cookie is the name of my husband's childhood dog. She passed away, but we know she is making trails in heaven's grass with her big belly.

This is very sweet, and I'm glad Nathan has a Cookie to snuggle when he is yucky.