Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Need A Vacation

I'm picturing a quiet couple of days AND nights with Vince. No kids. A luxury we have never taken. We've been married almost 14 years and I think we are entitled. While we didn't take our kids with us on the pioneer trek, I'm saying that didn't count. For obvious reasons. I'm picturing that we would go horseback riding, or 4-wheeling, or sleep out under the stars, or in a tent, or go hiking, or just stay in a hotel room. We could even travel--don't care where, I'm easy to please! We'd have such great conversation. Except for the fact that I'm a total wuss and I wouldn't say much if I was riding a horse except "whoa" "Whoa there" "Stop" and "I want to get off". I don't really get along with horses. I'm thinking that Vince would want to go faster than 5 mph on a 4-wheeler so maybe that wouldn't work out. I'm good for sleeping out under the stars, though. Same with a tent. I like hiking but I freely admit that I sometimes struggle to keep up with him AND have enough air to carry on a conversation. If we stayed in a hotel room we would take advantage of the quiet stress free environment and just sleep and read. I'm guessing that our best shot at uninterrupted conversation and together time is a little camping trip. I'm thinking people should put bugs in his ears. The right people know who I'm talking to!! The great thing about this is that we COULDN'T take the kids with us even if we wanted to because only the little truck is in good enough shape to get anywhere right now. I'm thinking about not getting the family car fixed.

3 comments:

One Fish said...

I agree- 14 years is a long overdue adult only vacation. Let us know how we can help make it happen!

The Girls' Mom said...

I think that maybe you should just plan it and not wait for him to get a bug in his ear. Just let him come home one day and tell him you have a surprise. Even one night is better than none. We've only done it once but it was so worth it and I felt like I had a lot more paitence for the little ones when we got back. Good Luck- I hope you get your wish.

LucindaF said...

Yes, you need a vacation. Go find a cabin somewhere. No phones, no internet, no meetings, and NO BRINGING BOOKS! Naps are okay, as long as you're together.