Wednesday, July 1, 2009

He's Growing Up

Yes, it's true N is really growing up. Have you ever gotten up one morning and realized that one of your kids is just.......different? Well, N is not even a little boy anymore. He's all big. I know because...

In the last week he has only asked for 2 "snuddles"....and I asked for more than 2

He picks fights with his siblings. Sometimes for pleasure I think.

He doesn't make as many messes.

He tells me he WON'T do his chores. He may be grown up, but he's not wise yet. That doesn't work at our house!

He gets dressed all by himself.

He can make his own mud holes...so he still makes some messes, but they're outside!

When he's muddy and coming in the house he stands on the front door and yells for me "MOOMMM! MOOOOMMMMM! I Muye! I nee baf!" He doesn't track it in the house anymore and he actually ASKS for a bath!!!!

He opens doors for girls

He goes into the school all by himself and doesn't want me to go with him.

He doesn't want me to hold his hand when we go places.

Sunday we were running late and he was the Pokey Puppy, if you know what I mean and by the time we got in the car I was tense and told him to put his seatbelt on. He looked me straight in the eye and said "I can't" and held up his finger which had one of those stupid Chinese finger traps on it. I said yes you can, use your other hand! He looked me straight in the eye and put his other finger from his other hand in the stupid Chinese finger trap and said, "I can't. I'm stuck." At which point Ev SIGHED a big sigh, rolled her eyes, pushed him in his seat, and buckled him. This was the first time I can remember him so blatantly trying to push my buttons.

Goodbye to babies, toddlers, and little people in our house...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That N is so cute. He may be growing up but his eyes still light up when he sees you! I think it is ironic that the downgrading in the maturity level means that they are getting older. (It happens here too...) My kids still haven't figured out asking for a bath. Can N teach them? (Please...I'm begging...)

LucindaF said...

Noooooooo!!!! We must do all we can to keep the snuddles.

He's not naughty, he's a genius with that chinese finger trap trick.

Garity said...

I don't even want to talk about this. Someone should have told me they grow up and start smelling "not so sweet". Kris is always saying "I can't wait until they..." while I'm always saying "I wish they would just stay like this forever".