Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cornions

Last night Vince cooked dinner and it was yummy! Of course Iy didn't want to eat her onions. "I hate onions! Why does everything have to have onions?!" So I told her that I knew she didn't care for onions so I found some special onions that taste like corn. Her eyes perked up and she looked interested so Vince joined in, "Yeah, they're called cornions." We are working really hard to keep straight faces at this point and I have to say we did a fantastic job. Parenting has made great liars out of us. I said, "You'll like cornions Iy, taste it and see." So she did and we asked her how they were. She threw both arms in the air (always the drama queen) and said "I LOVE cornions Mom! You should get these all the time!!" I said (still with a straight face) "Oh, I'm so glad you like them Iy because I bought a whole bunch of them and they are in the refrigerator and I will have to use them up." Iy gave us her signature "Yesss!" with a fist pump.

6 comments:

Bugs said...

Brilliant!!! Messing with the psyche of kids is a parent's prerogitive.

Timani said...

LOL! I'm so glad she loves cornions! A great example of 'parents really are smarter than their kids'.

You'll have to post (even if it's years down the road) when she discovers she was tricked and how she handles it.

Anonymous said...

That cute girl has personality plus! I love the "cornions" thing...

One Fish said...

You guys crack me up.

Garity said...

Mmmmm, cornions actually sound pretty good!

LucindaF said...

I want cornions!

This is hilarious, also loved you flopping on the couch in your last post.