Friday, December 19, 2008

Wonderful Husband

 

Look at these beautiful flowers that V sent me on our anniversary this last Tuesday!! V. was so thoughtful. I am sorry it took so long to get a picture of them blogged, but the stars have finally aligned and I have actually posted a photo that I recently took--we have charged batteries, camera cord, etc. Except that I don't even want to figure out right now how to get the picture turned right.

Last night we went ice skating as a family at V's work party. It was soooooo much fun! We had dinner and then the kids and V skated. I can't skate. Ev looked more graceful skating than she does walking. Et is also a great skater--maybe because he is afraid of nothing. He had a spill and has a fat lip, but is OK with it. Unless Ev asks if he is OK, and then "she's making fun of me!!!" OK--maybe she was in her own way. I. spent more than an hour going around and around hugging the wall. At one point Ev tried to help her and I had to laugh because I. reminded me of Fred Flinstone--lots of feet movement and no momentum. At the end of the evening she declared herself a great ice skater because she managed to get around the rink not touching the wall. N had help the whole night but had a blast. The kids also sat on Santa's lap, all of them. Because they wanted the little stocking of treats. We roasted marshmallows and had hot chocolate at the end. It was the best Christmas party V's work has sponsored. We loved it!!! I felt like I was in a movie--Christmas lights, Christmas music, fire to warm your hands, kids falling on the ice, marshmallows,..... It was the perfect family party for us--and we needed it!!

I have no pictures of it because--no surprise here--I forgot the camera. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had any good pictures anyway because my camera's not good enough for pictures in the night. But someone was taking pictures of the kids on Santa's lap and we'll probably get copies of those! N actually talked to Santa this time--it was his fourth visit with Santa since last Saturday!! He's warming up to the big red guy!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That sounds like a great party!

The Bemis Family said...

Oh what fun!! By the way, I am sooo glad you finally joined the blogging world. I love reading the stories about your family -- helps me feel more connected in a very long distance way.