Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Anne

Today I finished reading "Anne of Green Gables". I remember thinking as a girl that it was a pleasant read. As an adult I have found it enlightening. In our house I. is our imaginative pretend play person. She is very dramatic just like Anne. As I was reading the book over the last several days I kept thinking of I. Then today I was going to say "No" to Ev about having a floating candle centerpiece for Christmas dinner but I thought about Anne and how much these things meant to her and realized that maybe Ev is not so different either. So we went to the store to get floating candles--only we couldn't find any. Does anyone know if you can take tea light candles out of their metal bottoms and float them? Or float them with their metal bottoms? I know NOTHING about floating candles. Because I have a lot in common with Marilla Cuthbert, apparently.

2 comments:

One Fish said...

I have the rest of the books in the series if you want to borrow them.

Janet Olcott said...

Probably not. The candle has to be larger at the top than at the bottom to make it float. I found this after googling "floating candles" and looking up how to make them yourself.

Mom O.