Saturday, June 11, 2011

Embarrassing Kids

My kids are often embarrassing--but not as much as they used to be when they would run yelling through the chapel at church or make "pee" soup outside or.....you get the idea.  Lately, though, I find that my kids are more often than not embarrassed by ME!  I have no idea why, exactly, but I've been hearing lately that I should not embarrass them.  Which of course makes me want to...

Then I read about a dad who waved at his son's bus every morning of the boy's sophomore year of high school:  http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705373877/Teens-dad-spends-school-year-waving-at-bus-embarrassing-son.html?pg=1  It's hilarious.  At least I think so--the kids, even Ivy--not so much.  There's a blog with pictures of what this dad wore each morning as he waved to the bus: http://www.waveatthebus.blogspot.com  Eva wouldn't even look at the pictures! 

So far the kids have told me NEVER to do something like this! 

I can't get it out of my head that I need to "step up to the plate" somehow--I'm loving what this dad did!!  Eva suggested I ask you for ideas on how to properly embarrass her.  Well, not really.  What she said, when I read this post out loud was, "What are you gonna do, ask people for ideas?"  And she didn't seem thrilled about it.  I, however, think it's a great idea!! 

What ideas do you have?

1 comment:

The Father of Five said...

What an AWESOME story!!

I too would LOVE doing that to my kids!!

Oh, wait.. I have a sophomore next year!!