Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Today After School

I'm cooking dinner and Eva (13) says, "It's like a cooking show.  Or a relay."  Hmmmm.

Ivy (9) comes home and says, "Watermelon!!  Who got it?"  I told her I did.  She asked me where I got it.  I told her I found it.  She asked where and I told her it was laying on the ground in the back yard.  She asked where in the backyard and I told her it was under the stairs.  She went to see if there was another watermelon in the backyard under the stairs.  The rest of us giggled.  Ten minutes later she said, "I know!!  YOU got the watermelon at the store, didn't you Mom?"  She's quick, that one.

It looked to me like Nathan (7) walked home in his PJ's....he changed before he made it into the kitchen when he promptly asked for a snack.  I gave him yogurt and he asked if he could just finish the whole half of a tub that we had left.  Typical Nathan.

Ethan (11) asked to go play--before, during, and after the other kids' conversations.  He left pretty quick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your posts. This one especially made me smile as we regularly have those kind of 9 yr. old conversations. :)