Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Anniversary

I haven't posted for a while because I've been putting this post off for stupid reasons.  On December 16 Vince and I celebrated our 15th anniversary.  I'm so grateful to be married to Vince--we have a beautiful life together.  I spent most of November and December reminiscing about our courtship, temple sealing, welcoming each child to our family, learning how to parent,...  Through everything Vince has always been and always will be a strong and steady influence.  He leads our home and fathers our children with patience and love.  He's infinitely supportive of anything I want to do.   I think the card he gave me pretty much sums up how we feel about each other: "When we married, I said "I do" to what I knew would be a lifetime of love and laughter...I said "I do" because I knew we'd always find comfort and content in each other". 

After Christmas Vince and I got to take a trip away together--the kids stayed with Aunt L and Uncle J.  We had a great time!  One reason I procrastinated this post was because I was going to include pictures--pretty much not gonna happen.  But not for lack of pictures.  Vince took over 325.  Pictures.  Really.  We went to Zions National Park and stayed at the lodge in the park and did very much hiking.  Over 12 miles.  I love hiking but I will admit to being unprepared for that much hiking in the snow.  After 15 years you would think I would have thought this through a little more.  The next time Vince plans a trip I'm taking snowpants, boots, and snowshoes.  I'm also going to invest in those things you slip on your shoes that give you traction in the ice and a good walking pole.  There was tons of ice and we hiked up to Scout's Landing in snow that went over my knees.  The really beautiful part of that hike was the fact that we didn't see a single person on the whole way up the trail...everything was covered in newly fallen snow and we were making new tracks.  At times we would walk next to some fresh deer prints.  There was only one hiker that had hiked in front of us and he was waaaay up there--we didn't meet up with him until we reached the top.  I love the feeling of being alone with Vince and the peace of viewing nature in isolation. 

No comments: