Saturday, January 23, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog

This morning I read the "Miss Ivy" post to Ivy--she loved it. Twenty minutes later she said, "Blog more about me mom!" Which made me laugh! I started thinking about the varying feedback I receive from my children in various situations:

About blogging:
Eva: "I want to read it--all of it!"

Ethan: "Don't blog ANYTHING about me EVER not even the fact that I was complimented by a Primary teacher or that I was clearly proud that Eva placed first in her category for the science fair!!" It is true that Eva placed first and Ethan received a great compliment. Eva's class was outside at recess when the science fair results were announced over the intercom and Ethan and Ivy told her about it when they got home--Ethan was clearly proud and excited for her but I can't blog about it so sshhhhh. I have to "stealth blog" about Ethan.

Nathan: "Read it to me!"

Ivy: "Blog MORE about me mom!"


When Vince and I kiss or other wise show affection:

Eva: Rolls her eyes and kind of smiles and generally leaves the room if she can do it gracefully without looking like she's leaving the room because we just kissed.

Ethan: Gives several noises expressing his overall disgust, shudders, looks away and ultimately says "STOP!" But I didn't blog that.

Ivy: There are several possibilities including (1) A great smile and contented sigh (2) "Do it again! Do it again!" (3) Cheering--as if our favorite team just scored some important points (4) An expression of hope for when she finds someone to love and kiss.... Or possibly all 4, especially if Ethan is expressing extreme disgust.

Nathan: This kind of activity from us clearly makes him very happy. For now.

I received an email this morning that some people have not been able to leave comments on my blog--I'm so sorry! I didn't know about that. My friend told me how I might fix that and I have made an adjustment so hopefully it will work now!

No comments: