Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Know I'm Losing It When...

I decide to make cornbread for dinner and then have to run to the store (my second trip of the day) to get cornmeal...

Then come home to make it and put double the milk I need...

So I add extra of all the other ingredients but when I go to bake it...

I discover the pan I need is very dirty so I go to soak it...

And the oven starts smelling because I forgot that when I made cake the other day I had a spill so I decide to live with the smell...

And wash the pan only it's too bad and the smell is terrible so I put the pan in the dishwasher and the batter in the fridge and decide to clean the oven...

After piano lessons I go to wipe out the cleaned oven and remember that it has to cool down first so I just preheat the oven and bake the cornbread...

The toothpick came out clean but that was just because the middle part was so dense that the toothpick test didn't work. Thankfully it was a big pan and there was plenty of the edges for everyone!

Note to self: Refrigerating cornbread batter for later baking does NOT work!

2 comments:

The Girls' Mom said...

You are awesome for sticking it out, I would have just gotten hamburgers!

Garity said...

Gah! What a pain but I've been there too. You have more patience because had I run out of cornmeal I would have tried using crushed ritz crackers, oatmeal flour or some other random substitution. Good to know that refrigerating the batter doesn't work.