Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Magic Ingredient

Monday night I needed a quick dinner because we had to be at the school for a dance festival, so I prepared something in advance. It didn't turn out like I expected but I have decided to seriously consider making it again or at least include the one special ingredient. Why? Because even though it was a really hot day, my kids were well hydrated. They drank tons of water at dinner. They also ate a significant amount of salad and carrots. In addition to their dinner. It was amazing! And all because I put a can of jalapenos in the taco soup. It was an accident, of course. I really thought I was opening a can of green chilies, but I was clearly mistaken. The experience has left me wondering what else I could slip a few jalapenos into...

The dance festival was great! I have some pictures, and might get them posted next week. It was also author's night at the school where the kids get to show us the books they have written and illustrated this year. I will have to blog some excerpts from their books! I have had a great time reading them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great! Who'd have thought that jalapenos would do the trick?

The Girls' Mom said...

Who'd of thought? I am always trying to get my kids to drink for water. I'm afraid they would just ask for milk instead.