Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Can You Repeat That?

I find myself answering the same question repeatedly. Throughout the day I will have to answer many different questions and no matter how many times I give my answer I find I have to give it several times. Sometimes I notice this and stop and say, "Am I speaking Martian?" The kids say, "What?" I reply, "You don't seem to be understanding me--am I speaking your language or what?" I have even been known to answer a question in gibberish. (After I have answered the questions 3 times already.) Tonight I forgot all these silly things and became a little irritated that I had to say "No" to "Can we have ice cream tonight?" 6 times! Yes 6! And I am sure it would have been more if I had not lost my cool a bit.

Where do kids get this inane ability to repeat things over and over? I was thinking that it must be because I have 'caved' too much lately or something. Until I heard me ask my son 8 times to clean his room. Maybe they get it from me.

1 comment:

Garity said...

It's because we did the same thing as kids and our mothers put a curse on us. That's what my mom tells me whenever I ask her "why do they do this?"