Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Last night Ethan came home from Scouts telling me he needed a coat, snowpants, warm hat, and boots. By Friday. When his FATHER, who incidentally never mentioned this a week ago when snow pants were on sale for $11, is taking him on a scout campout. Sigh. So I went to the second hand store and guess what? They had one pair--they will be big but they will work. I also bought him a coat, and yes it really is December and he really doesn't have a warm coat yet. I ordered one last week and it should be here but it's taking a while and I don't want it to go camping so I bought a warm used one. I spent $23 on snowpants, a 2-piece coat (zip out lining), and warm knit hat.

Then I had a magical idea but before I tell it to you you must promise NOT to tell my kids. Or husband. I had a BRILLIANT idea a couple of months ago. I hid the Wii remotes, which is of course not new or brilliant but I had been attempting to hide them for a long time without success. I'm not a good hider. Generally. But NOW I keep them in my lingerie bag. No one in this house has or will ever look there. I am sooooo proud of myself.

Today is the most magical idea ever! There is a giant bag of chocolate chips in our house and I was feeling a bit cranky because this means there are buckets moved in my laundry room and they are in the way because people shorter than I have been standing on the buckets to eat chocolate chips. As I was putting the buckets back I thought of a new amazing hiding place. I put those chocolate chips in my cleaning bucket which is on the top of those cupboards in my laundry room. They can't be seen and truthfully NO one is going to look there. I am certain. Not even me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! HA! HA! (And yes, it makes me laugh that loudly!) I LOVE your hiding places. We have those kind of problems with chocolate chips at our house, too. (No video game consoles so that one isn't a problem...) At our house, it's the food storage buckets that wander.... and then we have little trails of chocolate chips that fall out of the bag as careless hands reach in....Hmmmm.....

Bugs said...

I think you should switch hiding places. Chocolate chips in the langerie bag closer to you and Wii remotes in the cleaning bucket. That way if some ambitios soul gets it out to clean they can be pleasently rewarded.